Heat pumps are the vital systems that help to heat and cool your home. They work by transferring heat from one place to another instead of generating heat like a traditional furnace. Heat pumps move heat from your home into the outdoor air during the summer. In the winter, they reverse the process and transfer heat from the outdoor air into your home.
Heat pumps are an effective method to regulate the temperature in your home, but they aren’t perfect. A problem you may experience is water leakage. As soon as you find the leakage, call us at (480) 836-8215 for heat pump repair in Gilbert, Arizona, and surrounding areas.
There are several reasons why water might leak from your heat pump. The most common reasons for the leakage are the following:
- Condensation: It is the most common reason for heat pump leakage. When heat pumps operate, they produce condensation as a by-product of the heat transfer process. This condensation usually drains away from the heat pump through a small pipe. However, if this pipe becomes blocked, the condensation will build up and eventually leak from the heat pump.
- Clogged Drain: A heat pump has a small pipe that helps drain away any condensation that is produced. If this pipe becomes clogged, the condensation will have nowhere to go and will eventually leak from the heat pump.
- Frozen Coils: Another common reason for heat pump leakage is frozen coils. The coils in your heat pump are responsible for transferring heat. If they become frozen, it can cause water to leak from the heat pump.
- Defective Drain Pan: The drain or overflow pan beneath your heat pump catches any water that leaks from the unit. If this pan becomes damaged or cracked, it can cause water to leak from the heat pump.
- Dirty Evaporator Coils: Over time, the coils in your heat pump can become dirty. This dirt can build up and prevent the coils from heating properly. As a result, water can leak from the heat pump.
If you notice water leaking from your heat pump, it’s crucial to have it repaired as soon as possible. Water leakage can cause extensive damage to your heat pump and your home. Agape Air Heating & Cooling is here to offer heat pump services in Gilbert, AZ, and surrounding areas. We’ll inspect your heat pump to determine the cause of the leakage and make any necessary repairs.
Methods To Prevent Leakage In A Heat Pump System
- Inspect the heat pump regularly for any water leaks.
- Check the heat pump coils and evaporator regularly to ensure they are clean and free of dirt or debris.
- Sign up for a regular heat pump maintenance & servicing plan.
- Call our expert heat pump repair company immediately if you notice any leakage.
Water leaking from your heat pump is not something to ignore. While a heat pump is designed to transfer heat from one place to another, it’s not supposed to leak water. If you notice water leaking from your heat pump, it’s important to take action immediately and contact us for a heat pump or heating service in Gilbert, AZ, and surrounding areas. Besides heat pumps, we do provide all kinds of air conditioning services including ductless HVAC services in Gilbert, AZ. Call us today and get the service you need.